africa & south m africa index
k-k waiting for africam to fix gremlen
PAGE # 19
Kirstenbosch National Botanical Garden scented trail for the blind
Kalahari Augrabies Extreme Marathon .
World Record: Pregnant Women in One Place
The loudest insect in the world is the Cicada
Pygmy Falcon. Only 3 oz. smallest raptor in the world
South African Air Force is the second oldest air force in the world
From maid to winemaker
Percy Amolis invented the Retinal Cryoprobe, commonly used to repair detached retina and remove cataracts
Largest Community Nest (bird)African Social Weavers. 100 chamber nest. Measured 27 ft long x 6 ft high
The Joule: Africa's first all-electric car
South Africa the first country to protect Great White Sharks
they fly the highest of any bird in the world Ruppell's Griffon Vulture at about 7 miles up
STAY AWAKE & THE Boulder Buster™ Breaks BIG Rock
Hoedspruit Endangered Species Centre
Dolos is a concrete block in a complex geometric shape
James Henry Greathead South African born inventor designed the Greathead Tunneling Shield
- BOAT WHISPER
- The original "SharkPOD"
- Kingdom of MapungubweMapungubwe: SA's lost city of gold
- SPEED GUN
- South Africa first and only narrow gauge forest / logging railroad
south africa is home to more animals than North and South America combined;
African BIRD FLAPPER
TWO SOUTH AFRICAN CAVES THAT HAVE HELD CONCERTS
35 -NANCY THE SPRINGBOT The mascot of a South African regiment is the only animal in military history to be accorded full funeral honours and to be buried in an Allied war cemetery.
RESTS IN FLANDERS’ FIELDS
36 Southern African Wildlife College
- THE END - THE LAST POST IT WAS FUN
doing this site -
i started off just going to post the map of
AFRICA - and SOUTH AFRICA -
then got carried away
its was - fun- educational- i learned so much about the
AFRICA- & SOUTH AFRICA
PAGE # 17
- south africa win giant meaningless trophy
- Most Colourful Places on the Globe -S.A IS IN THEIR
- AFRICA THE WORLDS FIRST BRAAI
- Cycle Routes TOP TEN IN THE WORLD S.A. # 10
- FERAL CATS MARION ISLAND EXPERIMENT GONE WRONG
- Discovery of 60,000-year-old etchings on ostrich eggs could be earliest form of writing
- REMOVAL OF ALIEN DEER SPECIES FROM TABLE MOUNTAIN
- South Africa's first ever hi-tech,deep water excavation
- Pel's Fishing-owl (Scotopelia peli) is known in Afrikaans as Visuil.
- Greg Minnaar, South African World Champion mountain bike racer
- *** SPAIN WINS 1 - 0 over DUTCH *** world cup ***
- Indian house crows Alien Crows Targeted for Total Extermination in S. Africa
- Chimpanzee Eden Jane Goodall
- Goldblatt, David sometimes called ‘the father of South African documentary photography’.
- They are highest jumper among all mammals compared to body size.
- Shangaan Cultural Village
- Canned hunting' of captive lions banned in South Africa
- UNUSUAL RESTUARANTS OF THE WORLD
- Ghost Frog
- African Encephalartos manikensis.
- The Dinosaur Park at the Sudwala Cave
- Christiaan Barnard first human-to-human heart transplant.
- SAA museum society - old planes -
- BLACK RHINO - & POACHING
- A RARE SIGHTING IN SOUTH AFRICA WATERS ( A CALF )
- Oosthuizen wins British Open SKREK TO HIS FRIENDS
- Benguela-goby, or bearded goby saved a coastal African ecosystem from a nightmare fate.
- Cape Town International Kite FestivaL
- POTTERY MAKING- S.A.
- Nearly 300 species of alien herpetofauna
page # 16
- mudbrick - the making of - bricks for house construction
- TRACKERS you see them on the front of the safri jeeps
- heads you win tails you win - confused??
- "Tour the Universe" from Africa's largest Scifest
- South African project LMP2 challenger.
- Meerkat Man:
- Street View carsStreet View trikes in South Africa
- Tuesday, June 8, 2010 Largest sounding trumpet
- THE BRIDGE TO NOWHERE
Moles bring 2010 stadium work to standstill soccer ball wrecks a bridge on way to stadium
Animals Playing Soccer (World Cup South Africa 2010) Futbol (football)
The BMW Crop Circle
Spotted hyenas released translocated
The Kogelberg area
Toughest canoe race in the world
Fauresmith RAILWAY TRIVIA
FAURESMITH Endurance Horses racing
South Africa’s Largest Basketball Order
MINERAL OR SALT LICKS
Giant wheel willkeep an eye on Cape Town.
world famous Waterberg Biosphere
Giant golden mole Chrysospalax trevelyani
Caster Semenya south african girl can race again
NKORHO - FIRE PROTECTION
- FENCES TO KEEP WILDLIFE FROM - HUMANS &CROPS
- Sani Top Chalet THE HIGHEST PUB IN AFRICA
- SOUTH AFRICA MUSIC HISTORY
- TOPLESS WE SHALL CONQUER THE WORLD
- 2010 Hyundai Goodwill Ball's
- Whither the Woolly Cheetah?
- The most famous white woman in South Africa !!!
- Sibusiso Vilane.the first black African, of the Seven Summits club
N!xau Birth Name Gcao Coma The Gods Must Be Crazy
FREDRICK SELOUS BIG GAME HUNTER EXPLORER
- C. G. Finch-Davies soldier, ornithologist and painter 1875
- Wildlife Paintings South Africa moder day artists
- South African park ranger Harry Wolhuter two lions attack him
- The Zebra's Apparel
- Kingsley Holgate modern day explorer
- History of Afrikaans (Language Museum)
- VETS FOR WILD LIFE
- Major James Stevenson-Hamilton first warden of the Kruger National Park
- ,Kevin Richardson, and he is called the Lion Whisperer.
- BUSH PILOTS OF SOUTH AFRICA
- AFRICAN SAFARI - DAY DRIVES NITE DRIVES - AND RULES
- Mark Shuttleworth FIRST SOUTH AFRICAN IN SPACE
- Dino embryos the world's oldest Discovered in South Africa,
- SOUTH AFRICAN RAILWAY HISTORY
- Super Dog 9: Orca
- “Cry of theKalahari,” the journey in africa started in
- Johannesburg.south africa
- South African Coat of Arms
- ELEPHANT FENCES =
- The Elephant Whisperer
- Rhino conservation in South Africa’s North-West Province &Namibia
- THE DISAPPEARANCE OF THE SS WARATAH
- the world's 100 best walks. TREKKING s.a. 4th & 82
- Jacobus Hendrik Pierneef landscape artist, old South African masters
- south african BUSH WALK.
- Chavonnes Battery Museum
- Babe in the Bush
PAGE # 13
- Saartjie Baartman, the Hottentot Venus\
- “King of the Mountain”,\
- Hamerkop LITTLE BIRD BIG NESTS
- THE THREE RONDAVELS SOUTH AFRICA
- The Prieska Fort:
- SOUTH AFRCIA Indigenous Games\
- MIRIAM MAKEBA known to millions over the world Mama Africa".
Tagging on Vultures in Southern Africa
AND NOW FOR SOMETHING DIFFERENT
Charlize Theron oscar winner
dullstroom 1900 highest railway station in South Africa
BIOGRAPHY Emily Hobhouse -discarded angle
Arnold Vosloo ACTOR - the mummy
- famous people have critters named after them -
National Women's Day August 06, 2011 - August 18, 2011
Steve Nash national basketball player from s.a. to b.c. canada
Sir Arnold Theiler -father of veterinary science in S.A.
- SID JAMES CARRY ON MOVIE ACTOR
- south african rugby player races CHEETAH
- The Jessica Hippo Story
PUBLIC ENEMY NUMBER ONE SOUTH AFRICA THE FOSTER GANG: 1914
Cockney Liz arrived in Barberton by mail-coach in June 1887
Francois Levaillant, (1753-1824) explorer - birds book
South Africa's Sardine Run "The Greatest Shoal on Earth
T S O T S I 2005 WINS OSCAR - best foreign language film
Mbube The Lion Sleeps Tonight 1961 s.a. song