Elephant Plains Sentry Reports - Tuesday 4 December 2007
Thanks again, Campbell AND Ms C!
Maybe someday we can do a late night chat (for you) so more of us can participate. I just hate missing all the wonderful tales & education while you're talking and I'm working.
EP is gorgeous.
Last night a question was sent to Campbell & Josh, on what was it that got them into the life they now have with animals.
I was far to busy to post this earlier. This is what Josh answered.
Yes. It was an experience that happened to me when I was in the Okavango Delta. I hadnt been in the bush long so didn’t know too much about wildlife. I went to go get some quiet time and sat at the edge of an open clearing. After a few minutes I saw a group of banded mongooses crossing it, and the way they did this just struck a chord in me. It was absolute team-work and co-ordinated to perfection. Four or five of them would go 15m and stop while the others stood guard watching. They would in turn wait and watch while some others came to them. This carried on until they all made it safely across the clearing. It truly hit home for me. Josh
Sleep well Ms C, you deserve it now.
All this only shows us what can be done if you put your mind to it.
Thank YOU...can't wait till the next one....but need a longgggggggg rest right now LOL, as we all do.
and thank you Ms Charlie
three cheers for your input
Thank you all:
- 17:00 - 18:00 ChuckC/Gigis Mom - cheetah (shankaan)
- 18:00 - 19:00 Azlady13/MJ/Karen in VA/MJ - impala (mhala)
- 19:00 - 20:00 Penny in SA/Sungura - wild dog (madach)
- 20:00 - 21:00 Jason/Michael/Sungura - black rhino (bejaan)
- 21:00 - 22:00 Lea/Swift - giraffe (dlumate)
- 22:00 - 23:00 Swift/AudreyJean/Blueyedlibra - zebra (mangwa)
- 23:00 - 00:00 lzornes/AudreyJean - bushbuck (mbavala)
- 00:00 - 01:00 lzornes/baybe - monkey (nkawu)
- 01:00 - 02:00 CynthiaB/baybe - hyaena (mhisi)
- 02:00 - 03:00 CynthiaB/Auntie Lyn - buffalo (nyari)
- 03:00 - 04:00 ex-centric/Auntie Lyn - elephant (ndlovu)
- 04:00 - 05:00 Penzi Ndovu/Wildcall/Ex-centric - hippo (mfubu)
- 05:00 - 06:00 Penzi Ndovu/Wildcall - jackal (mangawana)
- 06:00 - 07:00 Wild Dreamer/BriTer - serval (mantets)
- 07:00 - 08:00 BriTer/Bob Fin - warthog (ngaluri)
- 08:00 - 09:00 GigisMom/CarolynR - wildebeest (nkonkoni)
- 09:00 - 10:00 Lily//dolly7530 - vulture (makoti)
- 10:00 - 11:00 Lily//dolly7530 - (makoti)
- 11:00 - 12:00 Meisjesanne76/ - white rhino (nkombe)
- 12:00 - 13:00 Meisjesanne76/ - white rhino (nkombe)
Aquila and Karen in VA will be roaming sentries.
Thank you to the Mod Squad who put this whole thing together. You guys were and are, a blast to work with.
Merry Christams to you all
good night to you all ..and my new sentry buddy friend ..i would love to do this again..and not even getting the chance to watch over these guys i still very much enjoyed it
Thanks to Campbell, Josh, Ms Charlie, all the Sentries, and, anyone else I've missed, for all of this. I am hopeful about and looking forward to viewing many hours of future feeds on this beautiful new viewing hole in SA.
As far as the mics go, I think they are over modulating (perhaps too close). I have worked with studio sound equipment for years, so excuse me if I sound like a know-it-all. There are different types of mics for speaking. But, even the right ones won't sound right unless they are placed at the correct distance. Eh, that's all I've got for now. I'm tired. G'night all and thanks to all here for keeping a close watch.
It wasn't for nothing...not by a long shot. Every person who was on tonight as a sentry,....just went down in history as the FIRST to have ever done this. I am sorry dolly did not get a shift....but you DID make history tonight. We all had a blast and learned so much. So much more to learn as well and we will.