I think the easiest way for people to understand what I am going to say is for me to explain something first.
This is a common mistake which many of our guests make when they come here and ask us questions like is that snake poisonous... we have NO poisonous snakes in Southern Africa we DO have venemous snakes yes....
The reason for this is because there is a noted difference between POISON AND VENOM which is the following
POISON :is ingested
VENOM : injected
There is a story which we were told when we were on our guide training course which says that if you are free of sores and infections in your mouth and throat you can drink liquid venom it is like drinking liquid energy and that the bushmen actually used to do this.
I am afraid I was never quite brave enough to try this, but in answer to your question as long as the animal eating off the carcass has no injuries in its mouth or throat then no there is no way for the animal to be affected by the VENOM but if the animal has been POISONED then yes there cann be an affect of the animal which eats from the carcass
Hope this makes sense