"When Ms Charlie asked for a logo for 'Kids in the Nest' I could instantly see the logo" says the Kids in the Nest Educational Society's logo designer.
Here are the artist's interpretations of the KITNES logo:
- The Eagle represents an Elder figure such as a teacher, parent or protector.
- The white circles in the eagle represent the breath of life.
- The circle on his throat area represents vocals or what will be said or taught.
- And the eye of the eagle represents knowledge.
- The designs in the wing imply growth or transformation.
- It starts changing from one feather form line to another. The wing swoops around to form the nest-like shape protecting the children while completing a circle to help illustrate the global aspect of the project.
- The children represent the four directions or four corners of our Earth.
- There are three children in the nest and the viewer makes up the fourth child because no matter where you are, you represent your home and native land.
- The children are reaching forward towards the eagle for wisdom, assurance and protection.