I dont understand why all these forum rooms. Ive been watching the WH for a yr now and never new of this stuff. What is the purpose of the screen name and password? I read a comment of others watching other cams, can someone send me some links. Im assuming they are cams like the WH? Any info would be greatly appreciated! thanks
someone plz help me....
This should get you started
Posting pictures on the forum
How to post pictures from the streaming cam
- Download the program Mwsnap from http://www.mirekw.com/winfreeware/mwsnap.html
- Install the software in your computer
- When you start using it, you might get black images, to get rid of this, go to tools in your windows media player click, options, performance, advanced and un-tick use overlays.
- Start snapping shots on live streaming video and save images to your pc and select jpg format for your images
After you have saved your images you choose an image hosting site to host your pictures e.g tinypic(www.tinypic.com) or any of your choice.
- Upload the pictures through your image host.
- Compose a new message on the boma where you want your picture to appear.
- Copy and paste or enter the IMG link manually e.g.
- Click the preview button to view your pictures before you submit, to check whether the pictures appears on your message.
can someone tell me how to take a pic. and post it? from the live feed that is.....i seen somthing about windows media player but didnt get back to it.....thanks
Welcome to the Africam Boma!
You only need a screen name and password if you want to post on the Boma (the Africam forums/message board).
It's not necessary to log in with a screen name and password if you only want to watch the cams or read the other pages of Africam's website.
This page has lots of useful information about Africam's website:
Some of us also watch the Djuma cam at
It can be hard to get on since right now there are only about 80 alloted slots but they are suppose to be working on allowing more viewers at a time. The have morning and night cam drives when working properly.
You can find the discussions about this cam daily in the WildEarth's Djuma Cam Discussion threads. Here is the current one for today.
Screen names and password are required for posting and getting private messages etc. Guests can still read the threads but not post.
Hi blueeyedlibra, welcome to the Boma!
You have to be logged in to post on the Boma, your screen name and password allows you to do that.