Good Morning Campbell:
Several thoughts for your consideration:
- Can the layout of the boards be redesigned to reduce the size of the headings, reduce the amount of blank black space on all the pages, and provide some basic sold grid structure? Headings are floating on the page and not in any grid making moving around the large pages difficult.
- Consider please a tweak of the design that makes the actual content of the poster's post more prominent than the post heading, and especially all the space around the automatically inserted items such as the member's name, avatar, stats, etc.
- Consider a set format for all signatures rather than allowing people to use their own font colors and sizes. (I'll duck for cover on that one but given the difficulty in loading pages and reading posts now, if signatures were more discreet and clearly distinguished from the body of each post, the forum threads would read easier. Espepcially limit images to one per signature if possible.
- One set default font size and style for the new post and reply windows would be a big help in reading threads, especially long threads. We are all over the map with our fonts and every single post here has to be formatted by the member. If not, the posts come out in 8pt type, barely readable across the web. Or, people are over-formatting their posts making them takee up an entire page and over-run with color.
- Can the list of available fonts be pared down to just a few decent looking fonts? Too many options and again posts are difficult to read when each one is over-designed by the poster.
- In the lists of topics under "Active Topics" and in the Forum list, where the current post is displayed, can those posts become hyper-links directly to the post that's listed, as it was on the old board? Now we only have the option to go to the thread and then search our way through pages of posts to find the current post, which, may be buried by the time we finally find it.
- Could a drop down list please be added so that one can move from the forum they're in to another forum they wish to see in a hurry?
- Is it possible to remove the permanent showing of the first post in a thread on the top of every single page in the thread? It takes up too much room.