Here are helpful guidelines in setting up your own User Profile:
Note: Information which is currently inaccessible is highlighted in pale yellow.
What is the User Profile?
The User profile gives information about the member, including:
· a list of uploaded video clips
· their buddies
· the number of posts they have made
· their registration date
· recent topics participated in
· personal homepage if you have one
· favourite links
· list of other members who have recently visited your profile page
How do I create my user profile page?
Every member can create his own publicly viewable profile page. This page includes information provided by the member, either during the registration process or later, via clicking on the "my account" button. By then clicking on "my account", and selecting "user profile", you are able to create/edit your personal user profile.
Profile title = your member name
Profile picture size (avatar)= 100 x 100
We recommend that pictures posted in the user profile be 370x280
Under Placeholder tokens you can insert links / URL to your Facebook or MySpace pages and to your favourite websites.
After entering all your information, clicking on "post comment" will submit your user profile to Africam.
Here is an example of a User Profile: http://www.africam.com/wildlife/user/gerda
If you need some help creating your user profile, feel free to contact one of the site moderators for help.
What is the Comment Wall in my profile?
All visitors of your profile can leave a message.
Messages in the comment wall can be edited or deleted by the moderators/admin or the member who owns the profile. If you see a visitor message that is not appropriate, you can alert the moderators.
How do you visit another member's user profile?
There are a different ways to view a member's profile:
- When you see a member's name, clicking on it will take you to view their user profile page.
- The members list allows you to browse all registered members, and by clicking on their names you can visit the user profiles.
- You can also go straight to a profile if you know the username of the member by typing in the following into your web browser: http://www.africam.com/wildlife/user/username of member
Please note that the same rules and regulations adhered to in the Forums apply to the User Profile.